Sugar Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
What is sugar free, low carb, filled with chocolate and absolutely delicious? These sugar free chocolate chip cookies!
These are so easy to make and in fact my eight year old daughter loves to whip the ingredients together. We adapted this recipe for our family and it is a hit with all six of us. That should tell you how good these are!
Sugar-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 tablespoons xylitol
- 1/2 teaspoon stevia
- 1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
- 1 large egg
- pinch of salt (we use Celtic)
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup Lilys Chocolate Chips
- (optional) 2 tablespoons cacao powder (cocoa) *see note below*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix the almond flour, baking soda, xylitol, stevia and salt in a bowl.
- Add the butter and egg. Stir until all ingredients are mixed well.
- Add chocolate chips
- Form dough into tablespoon size balls and bake for 10 minutes or until the tops are starting to turn a golden brown.
- Using room temperature butter makes a lot of difference. Don't be tempted to melt the butter.
- To make these double chocolate chip cookies, add 2 tablespoons of cacao (cocoa) to the dry ingredients when mixing.
- I always use a stone cookie sheet to bake my cookies. These take 13 minutes in my oven and I leave them on the stone until they finish cooling. I purchased my stone cookie sheet from Pampered Chef several years ago but I know you can find them online. I love the way they cook my cookies and think they make a lot of difference in the way they turn out.
Thanks for stopping by! It means so much to me. Don't forget you can connect with me on my other social networks linked above.
Some links may be affiliate links. This simply means that I make a small commission at no extra charge to you. This helps me keep this site going.