Sugar Free Mocha Gelatin Pie
A sugar-free lifestyle doesn't mean you have to give up the sweet treats and this pie is for sure a crowd pleaser! Coffee and chocolate...absolutely delicious together.
I have some picky eaters in our home and this pie passed the taste test of the children and my husband. Anytime I make something new, I always allow my husband to taste it first because he is the chocoholic of our family. If he likes it, then just about everyone else will as well.
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup pecan meal (sometimes it is cheaper to buy pecans and chop them in a food processor)
- 2 tbsp xylitol (or granulated)
- 1/3 cup butter (measured solid, then melted)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the almond flour, pecan meal, and xylitol. Stir in the melted butter. The dough will be crumbly but press evenly into the baking dish.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until golden brown in color. Set aside and allow the crust to cool completely.
Chocolate Mocha Pie Filling
- 1 tbsp beef gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold strong black coffee
- 6 tbsp cacao powder
- 12 tbsp xylitol (can use less if you don't want it as sweet)
- 1/2 cup boiling strong black coffee
- 4 lightly beaten egg yolks
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 egg whites
- 6 tbsp xylitol
- 1/2 tsp powdered stevia
- In a small bowl combine the gelatin and cold strong black coffee. Set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine cacao powder, 12 tbsp xylitol, and boiling strong black coffee until smooth.
- Add the gelatin mixture to the ingrediets in the medium bowl.
- Meanwhile, separate your egg yolks and whites into two different bowls. Lightly beat the egg yolks and then pour the mixture from the medium bowl over the egg yolks.
- Move your mixture to a double boiler over boiling water and heat until the mixture thickens.
- Allow the mixture to cool and then beat with a wire whisk. Add in the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites with the 6 tbsp of xylitol and 1/2 tsp Stevia until they are stiff but not dry.
- Carefully, fold egg whites into the chilled chocolate mixture. Fill the pie shell and chill until filling is set and firm.
Whipped Cream Topping
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp xylitol
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 oz Lillys dark chocolate baking bar (shaved using a peeler, grater, or shaver)
- Using a mixer, combine all the ingredients until stiff peaks are formed
- Layer the whipped cream over the top of the Chocolate Mocha Pie once the pie has chilled and firmed up.
- Grate the chocolate bar over the top of the whipped cream topping.
I would love to hear your favorite sugar-free sweet treats! Thanks for stopping by today. It means so much to me.